Elf on a shelf is a Christmas tradition where a special scout is sent to your home from the North Pole. The idea is that Santa’s little helper watches the children by day and each night, returns to the North Pole to report back to Santa.
Your scout Elf can arrive any time during the holidays and typically he/she will leave on Christmas Eve with Santa.
Parents are encouraged to get creative as possible to make this time fun and exciting for your child.
Example of elf’s antics :
- Place your elf by your child’s toothbrush to encourage him/her to brush her teeth daily.
- Place him next to a fruit bowl, to encourage healthy eating
- Place him next to the washing basket, to encourage him/her to place their clothing in the washing basket.
- Place him/her next to the sink, encourage them to help with washing the dishes.
Elf Rules :
- Please give me a name ..
- Do not touch me – I will loose my powers, and will no be able to fly back to the North Pole to report to Santa.
- Talk to me, I cant talk back but I am listening. After all my job is to watch and listen.
- Write Santa letters so I can take them back to Santa for you.
- Be kind to everyone.